At last I've arrived! A baseball game in Yankee Stadium...it was well worth the wait. I bought the tickets back in April, and was hoping it would be everything I ever dreamed it would be. I thought it would be something I could cross off of my "before I die I need to.." list, but it only wet my appetite for more! I couldn't think of a better way to spend our 4th anniversary, and considering sports aren't Andrew's favorite thing in the world I felt very special that he was willing to come.


The visiting team's dugout is conveniently located next to Monument Park, so they remember who's house they are in...Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, shall I go on? They're also frequently reminded of the 26 World Championships.


Happy 4th Anniversary!

If you can't make out the final score it is Yankees 16, Orioles 5 -- if only the post season had turned out as well.
3 comments:
Andrew has a great smile considering baseball isn't his favorite passtime. Could it be he's just happy to be with you on your anniversary?!! Wish you had a picture of your scoreboard "Happy Anniversary Andrew and Jessica Reber" in Yankee Stadium, but at least you looked up at the right time to see it!
Re: your mom's comment How cool is that!! i hadn't heard the story- maybe I can hear it at Christmas. When is Andrew supposed to leave? (or is it still up in the air (Ha))
Has it really been 4 years already? Feels like yesterday when we were squeezing into our dresses, taking pictures at the Capital, listening to Pastor Marshal lead you in your vows, and trying to keep the cake from tipping over. =P (ahhh, the memories)
Congrats you guys!
Post a Comment