

Taking a rest in the graveyard of Trinity Church.

St. Paul's Chapel, directly across the street from where the World Trade Towers once stood, considering the damage that happened to all the other neighboring buildings , it's amazing to see that the oldest of them all (by a considerable margin) went unscathed, except for 1 tree which fell in the grave yard, but not one of the VERY old tombstones were damaged. This is the church George Washington came to pray after being inaugurated as our first President.


If you look at a map of Manhattan and see where the City Hall stands you will appreciate that the back of this beautiful building was not finished in marble, as the rest of the building was, because the architect felt it wasn't worth the cost since the city would probably not grow any farther north.
1 comment:
I'm enjoying your commentary on each place. I'm finding out more cool imfo than I already knew. You really ought to be a tour guide you know?
Post a Comment