Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's changing every day...

This is for Drew...we had to have our garage floor engineered, and for $500 they told us to pour gravel, put in rebar then pour the cement...I wonder if I could have thought of that? Either way I know Drew would want to see the engineering before they poured the cement.
Again for Drew, here are the Roof Trusses all ready to go on the house tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to work, so I won't have the cool crane pictures. Sorry!

This is the upstairs, I decided not to risk life and limb to get a better picture. I climbed the ladder to the second floor, only to discover I'd have to climb over the top of the ladder to nothing, swing across an open abyss and hopefully make it to the 2nd floor by pulling myself through the studs...and if I managed to do that, how would I get down? With no one else at the site, I erred on the side of caution. I didn't want anyone finding my frozen (20 degrees and dropping) contorted body the next morning. :)

Ahh. the front of the house, don't worry there is a window above the front door (for you architecture critics...everyone in my family :) ) they just didn't cut out the Tyvec. Also the garage and porch is to come.
So I'm keeping this up to date...I hope you appreciate this! :) My fingers are still cold from this photo op...apparently leather gloves weren't met for below freezing tempteratures and an extended period of time!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Wise decision on your second floor picture-taking adventure! Sounds a bit like our past going-up-to-the-attic adventures which we no longer have to endure due to our new attic fold-down stairs! (You can see our blog and comment too :-)!

Grandma Sherri said...

Glad you are wise enough not to take chances! I saw your comment on Alysun's blog today. Hope you are feeling better I had a virus in my back years ago and the pain was unbelievable- I woke my poor husband up screaming in agony!(sorry about the grandma in my title didn't want to take time to resign in)

Andee said...

So you thought about risking life and limb for a picture. I can respect that! I'm glad you went for caution though. I fell out of our attic last year and it really hurt a lot. I wouldn't recommend it.

Jessi Reber said...

You fell out of the attic? How did I miss that story...do tell!

Marci said...

Well I can see everyone else already commended you on your wise decision about not risking life and frozen limb, so as the mother, I don't have to! But I am really, really glad you're blogging again. Did I already say that? Well I am. Gives me something to do while I'm recuperating from the carple tunnel surgery now that we finally have the computer fixed!!