Erin, Stacy, Jessi & Rachel enjoying the White House Christmas tree, you can't tell by the picture, but apparently half of the country was there to enjoy the tree with us!
The White House Christmas Tree
The Treasury Department -- this is just a small example of how beautiful all of Washington D.C. is at Christmas.
A few of the 50 Christmas Trees that surround the large White House Christmas Tree...1 for each state. Oh, and you know all of those Nativity scenes that have had to be removed from government property across the country? There is one front in center on the Ellipse.




2 comments:
It is all so beautiful. I'm sure it was even more so in person! I'm not too sure I like their decorating choice for the White House tree. We're in the process of taking down our tree today. We've been working on it since 9:00 am. It is now 3:00 pm! After taking all the ornaments off and putting them away, then there's those 38 strings of lights to wind back up! Now we're in the process of cutting it up to get it out of the house.
Jessi,
The DC lights are amazing. Now, how about all those pictures you took while you were in Oregon?
PS I was thinking, after I wrote my last frustated mommy post, that I may deter any prospective parents. I'll be in a better mood soon and write of the joys of parenting and convince you anew that it's a good idea.
Post a Comment