Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Remembering the Good Times...




When the Patriots won and Seahawks lost, what has happened to football? At any rate this weekend we had an all out football party marathon. My good friend Stacy came in from the District (since Drew isn't the best football watching partner), and local Harrisonburg friends joined us Saturday evening for a double header of football playoff games. Congrats to Seattle (poor Redskins), and what happened to the Patriots? Well I may be devistated, but hey, my man Tom Brady is still SI's Sportsman of the Year (ok ladies I don't care how you feel about football, have you seen Tom Brady?) Since the football world has been turned upside down with losses to the 2 best teams, Patriots and Colts (you know it's true), I have now set my sites on the Torino Winter Olympics...go USA! By the way on Sunday, 3 girls watched the football game, while my wonderful husband watched a movie upstairs, is there something wrong with this picture?

7 comments:

Aly sun said...

HeHe... I feel so much smarter now. :)

Sherri said...

Emma and I even watched the Seahawks (sort of) When something only happens every 20 years it deserves special attention

Jessi Reber said...

I'm glad you watched the game! Without my team still in it, I've decided I'll have to be a Seattle fan.

Anonymous said...

The football game was really great, for once I gave it my undivided attention. Grandad was so totally involved with every play that he was exhausted when it was over.

Jessi Reber said...

Football is a beautiful sport!

Andee said...

Nice seeing you again. The world may have flipped upsidedown witht he Seahawks winning, but it won't happen for another 50 years, so us PNWesterners need to savor the victories while we have them. Got any big SuperBowl plans yet?

Marci said...

Hey Jessi, Russ cancelled choir practice Sunday (22nd)! He said it had nothing to do with the Seahawks game, but we all know better!! The church is going to have a superball party with big screen TV and all.